Top 10 Customer-Centric Companies of 2014
0 min read
The results are in! Several companies have compiled their list of the top customer service oriented companies of 2014. As a customer-centric company, we decided that this information is key and wanted to take these lists a step further. So we integrated data from lists and articles compiled by Forbes, Temkin, USA Today, Entrepreneur, Zogby Analytics, Bloomberg BusinessWeek and J.D. Power & Associates to provide you with the top customer-centric companies of 2014 as well as their secrets for success.
The company topping our list is no surprise. How does Amazon do it year after year? They embed customer-centricity into their DNA. Here are a few practices that keep them at the top:
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos leaves one seat open at the conference table and states that the seat is occupied by the “the most important person in the room – the customer”.
- Bezos believes that, “Everyone has to be able to work in a call center” so that they have insight into the customer’s perspective. As such, each year he and thousands of Amazon managers attend two days of call center training and field calls periodically.
- Amazon appoints “Customer Experience Bar Raisers” to maintain excellent standards.
- Amazon develops products based on customer desires rather than their development team’s opinion.
- They cultivate a “culture of metrics” where they routinely engage in head-to-head tests of customers’ reactions to different features or site designs.
These practices are obviously working for Amazon. They consistently rank first on most lists of the top customer-centric companies in the world – and they are showing no signs that they may give up their spot anytime soon.