Talkdesk appoints David Middler as Chief Legal Officer
Addition of industry expert strengthens Talkdesk corporate leadership and advances its vision for growth
- Talkdesk adds deep cloud software experience with David Middler as chief legal officer (CLO)
- Middler to oversee Talkdesk global legal affairs, including regulatory, compliance and corporate governance matters
- First CLO for Talkdesk brings more than 20 years of corporate legal experience within the software technology space
SAN FRANCISCO – November 12, 2020 – Talkdesk®, Inc., the cloud contact center for innovative enterprises, today announced the addition of David Middler as its first chief legal officer (CLO), further strengthening the company’s executive management team. As CLO, Middler will report directly to Chief Executive Officer Tiago Paiva, and oversee Talkdesk global legal affairs including regulatory, compliance and corporate governance matters.
“We are building an executive team of visionaries and innovators who move fast and challenge the status quo,” said Tiago Paiva, chief executive officer, Talkdesk. “The appointment of David Middler as the first CLO for Talkdesk marks a critical milestone for the company as we look to new areas of growth and investment.”
Middler brings more than 20 years of corporate legal experience within the software technology space to the CLO role with Talkdesk. Before joining Talkdesk, Middler spent 15 years at cloud software provider Ariba, most recently as executive vice president and general counsel. Middler helped build the legal and governance team at Ariba from startup through Initial Public Offering (IPO) and eventually led its sale to SAP. Most recently, Middler served as general counsel and CLO for more than six years at Cloudera, also steering the company from startup to IPO and continued growth as a public company.
“I am thrilled to join Talkdesk, one of the most exciting, innovative and disruptive companies in the software industry,” said Middler, chief legal officer, Talkdesk. “I am grateful for the confidence the company has shown in me and look forward to my role in navigating Talkdesk through to its next set of significant milestones.”
This appointment comes during a period of unprecedented growth and momentum for Talkdesk. Since its inception in 2011, Talkdesk has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the contact center industry. Talkdesk is a Leader in the 2020 Forrester Wave for CCaaS named to the 2020 Forbes Cloud 100 list and recently secured $143 million in Series C funding, increasing the company’s valuation to more than $3 billion.
- Hear direct from customers why they selected Talkdesk CX Cloud and the difference it has made in their contact centers
- Explore the Talkdesk’s CX Transformation Roadmap and learn about the 5 stages to build resilient cloud contact centers
- Download the Talkdesk CX Maturity Model™ to take the critical first step of analyzing nine core areas of CX
- Check out Talkdesk’s prestigious list of awards and recognition
Tweet this: Talkdesk announces the addition of David Middler as its first CLO, strengthening @Talkdesk executive team with more than 20 years of corporate legal experience within the software technology space. https://bit.ly/35bynwJ
- Web: https://www.talkdesk.com
- Blog: https://www.talkdesk.com/blog/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Talkdesk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/talkdesk/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Talkdesk/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/Talkdesk/
Talkdesk® is the cloud contact center for innovative enterprises. Combining enterprise performance with consumer simplicity, Talkdesk easily adapts to the evolving needs of support and sales teams and their end-customers, resulting in higher customer satisfaction, productivity and cost savings. Over 1,800 innovative companies around the world, including IBM, Acxiom, 2U, Trivago and YMCA rely on Talkdesk to make customer experience their competitive advantage. Learn more and request a demo at www.talkdesk.com.
Talkdesk is a registered trademark of Talkdesk, Inc. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.