You may have heard that Google has begun the process of deprecating their Chrome Apps, starting first by shutting down the Chrome Web Store. At this point, apps downloaded from the web store can still be used, but they will be fully removed from Chrome at an undetermined time in Q1 2018.
We’ve been aware of these plans for some time, and the implications for teams still using our Chrome Callbar®. Our team has been hard at work on a new version of Callbar® that doesn’t rely on the Chrome Web Store, called Callbar® Electron, which is now available for download in private beta.
What is Callbar® Electron?
- Initially, Callbar® Electron will have the same look and feel as the Chrome version, with no noticeable impact on the agent experience
- Moving forward, new feature releases will be prioritized to Callbar® Electron; examples of these features include voicemail drop, custom voicemail greetings and redial
- In the future, Callbar® Electron will be incorporated into our broader platform vision, enabling customers to integrate AppConnect apps directly into the Callbar®
Please wait while we validate your privacy settings.
How Can I Download Callbar® Electron?
Electron is currently in a private beta, available for Windows, Mac and Linux. Until Electron reaches an open beta status, follow the download steps below to get started:
- Installing Callbar® Electron on Mac
- Installing Callbar® Electron on Windows
- Installing Callbar® Electron on Linux
Does Electron Integrate with my CRM or Help Desk?
Yes! Callbar® Electron is currently available for Salesforce and Zendesk integrations. Please follow the instructions in the guides below to ensure your new Callbar® is fully integrated with your CRM or help desk.
What Happens Next?
In the coming weeks, once Callbar® Electron reaches an open beta status, you can expect further communication from our team related to updates, and an improved, streamlined installation process.