Last Updated: May 11, 2021
Talkdesk, Inc. (hereinafter, “Talkdesk”) is a US based company (353 Market Street, level 1, San Francisco, CA 94111 – United States) that acts on the CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) space. As part of the contact center services Talkdesk provides to customers throughout the world, Talkdesk processes personal information on behalf of its customers (hereinafter, the “Customers”), acting as a processor to the purposes of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal information and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter, the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”).
Additionally, Talkdesk also processes personal information of its own, acting as a controller, i.e. determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal information to some purposes (e.g. billing and tax purposes).
This privacy notice covers both situations. Data subjects whose personal information is processed by Talkdesk’s Customer must consult Customer’s privacy policies.
For easier understanding, this notice covers the same topics from both perspectives: Controller and Processor:
- What personal information is collected?
- Why is personal information collected?
- How long is personal information retained?
- What are the data subject rights?
- How can a data subject/person exercise its rights?
- To whom is personal information transferred?
- Where is information stored?
- How is information protected?
- Person Information from Children
- Privacy Shield Independent Recourse Mechanism
- California User Consumer Rights (only as a controller)
Talkdesk as a Controller
What personal information is collected?
Talkdesk collects information about you limited to what is relevant, proportional, adequate and necessary for identified purposes. We consider the jurisdiction’s requirements that govern the information collection and we proceed according to applicable privacy & data protection legislation.