At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
Why this role matters
The Solutions Engineer provides technical subject matter expertise in support of Talkdesk’s sales efforts. We study the market, analyze customer experience and ensure solutions achieve both customer and Talkdesk business goals. We are reliable and dependable partners throughout the sales cycle, from discovery to close. We work with sales teams and with clients and potential clients – to help all parties understand technical processes and capabilities.
What you'll do
You will be responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Talkdesk sales cycle. You will be both sales-focused and technically savvy! In addition, you will have the ability to sell the technical merits of the software solution to Enterprise executives and directors. You will work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects. You will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
- Provide Solutions Engineering pre-sales support for a base of enterprise customers within your assigned region.
- Partner with sales teams to understand client product-related expectations and requirements.
- Attend sales calls and assist with sales efforts.
- Conduct technical interviews with customers to clearly define needs.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry and competitors in order to act as a valuable resource to both customer and sales teams.
- Review quotes, RFPs, plans, and other customer documentation – providing technical information and clarifying questions and uncertainties for both Talkdesk and customer representatives.
- Provide technical assistance to product management, marketing, and sales training teams.
- Conduct product and technical presentations both onsite and remotely; translate technical terminology into language easily understood by non-technical audiences.
- Address product-related questions from both internal (sales) and external (customer) perspectives.
- Assist with post-sale product performance evaluation.
What you'll bring
- Five or more years of experience within the contact center, UCaaS, or SaaS space.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated consultative selling experience.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and interpret product and service-related situations.
- Experience as a compelling, passionate, and confident public speaker.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with sales teams, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Understand sales processes, strategies, and solution selling.
- Dig into issues and problems to understand underlying causes.
- Create convincing proposals and documentation.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.