At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
The Enterprise Solution Engineer for Retail/E-Commerce is an expert who understands industry-specific needs in order to provide business-driven consulting to prospects as well as existing customers. Provides specific vertical expertise that helps sales establish market and deal-level visibility that resonates, clearly differentiating our solutions from the competition. The Retail/E-Commerce Solution Engineer is regarded as an experienced operator/practitioner in Retail, highly knowledgeable about the unique nuances the vertical faces. Familiarity with strategy of how to keep Retail end consumers engaged and loyal are critical to working with our customers. A Retail/E-Commerce Solution Engineer must be able to move between many key facets of the sales cycle from pre-sales engineering support to solution qualification and execution, to solution architecture and post-sale upsell. The Retail/E-Commerce Solution Engineer is recognized as a credible thought leader within the Retail arena, is confidently able to address C-level discussions and able to help the seller effectively expand the revenue opportunities.
If you are looking for a job that transverses many disciplines, then this job is for you. Our Solution Engineers get to work on much more than just sales opportunities. They are well respected experts in the space that evangelize our suite at conferences, webinars, and round tables. They work with Marketing and Product Engineering teams to make our innovative solutions even better. Teamwork and variety of day to day tasks are pillars to being an excellent Retail/E-Commerce Services Solution Engineer
- Demonstrates real-world experience within Retail and E-Commerce to ensure relevance and impact
- Maintains a thriving industry network of key contacts from the specific industry vertical
- Provides recommendations to the sales lead regarding solutions and services in order to meet the customer’s capability requirements and achievement of revenue goals
- Possesses an excellent understanding of Talkdesk content, technology and messaging
- Collaborates with design, and conducts industry-specific demonstrations that are tailored to the prospect or customer
- Provides strategic recommendations for Talkdesk’s content and services roadmap based on customer and prospect feedback
- Collaborates with Marketing and Engineering to create industry-specific go-to-market messaging/collateral and creates industry-specific presentations
- Provides recommendations to Engineering teams to provide a pulse of what is needed in product to allow TD to continue to be leaders in customer experience.
- Formulates Financial Services focused content to be used in marketing and direct customer communications.
- Deeply understands the dynamics of Retail/E-Commerce and possesses a solid understanding of the Contact Center space
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of internal and external customer responsiveness
- Deep understanding of how Talkdesk addresses Retail/E-Commerce and is able to articulate their relevance to various customer stakeholder levels
- Possesses expertise of Retail/E-Commerce data security practices
- Exhibits exceptional cross-team collaboration and internal customer support
- Provides excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse customers/prospects, including executive-level business owners
- Exhibits expert facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings)
- Possesses superior presentation skills, both virtual and live, in large and small group settings
- Has excellent written communication skills, demonstrates the ability to write with purpose and accuracy
- Is adept at critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills that balance thoughtful analysis with timely responsiveness
- Has self-directed work habits, exhibiting strong initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance
- Exhibits teamwork skills and ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and account team
- Travels to internal meetings and customer sites as warranted (travel estimate 20-50%)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Superior presentation skills
- Proficiency in using hosted contact center applications would be a distinct advantage
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
- In-depth knowledge of Customer Service Software, Business Intelligence, Workforce Engagement Management, Artificial Intelligence is a plus
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a technical field; or equivalent experience
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.