At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
The Talkdesk Product Management team is seeking an energetic, dynamic, and collaborative leader for Director of Product Management - Retail. This impactful and visible role requires someone who can become the voice of our customers and market, and work with the engineering team to turn the vision into product.
In this role you are responsible for the product strategy, priorities, roadmap and delivery of Talkdesk Industry Retail solutions. You will work closely with senior leaders and teams across our Product, R&D, Strategy, Sales, and Marketing teams, defining strategy and setting priorities. If you are looking to impact the growth and direction of a company at scale, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride. Are you passionate about building scalable, secure, and user-friendly web solutions in a fast-paced environment?
- Shape the future of Talkdesk Strategic Industries by helping define the strategy and priorities for the entire Talkdesk Industries
- Work closely and align with different business units within Industry Strategy, Marketing, Alliances, Sales & Professional Services ecosystem to evaluate business needs, prioritize opportunities that disrupt the Contact Center, Customer Experience (CX) and related applications space for Retail Industry
- Work closely to align horizontal & industry R&D teams to drive product delivery
- Collaborate with and inspire your peers across the organization to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products and services
- Build compelling business case to influence key stakeholders throughout Talkdesk to align prioritization
- Collaborate with marketing to effectively launch new services, features, and enhancements
- Facilitate sales through training and creation of collateral materials for new product launches and features
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in building Retail solutions that significantly change the way in which Retail brands manage their customer experience.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities include:
- Define the product roadmap through pragmatic market and client feedback for discovery of new products and solutions
- Define requirements/wireframes for feature enhancements, products, and services
- Document product functionality
- Manage inbound requests, prioritize, design solutions, write specifications, build with engineering, and then ship products on time.
- Become trusted Retail Industry Expert and Evangelist throughout the organization
- 6-10+ years of product management experience or comparable expertise in building Retail SaaS solutions
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Experience leading product strategy for and/or building-integrated Retail solutions, platforms and/or ecosystems in a SaaS environment
- Experience with large-scale enterprise software
- Experience with CCaaS and UCaaS platform architecture and related ecosystems
- Technical acumen and background with experience working directly with and collaborating with architects and engineers to develop solutions
- Excellent communicator with outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Tremendously Energetic, Dynamic, and Inspirational
- Experience with Retail, eCommerce and CPG CRM/Customer Experience (CX) systems
- Experience with retail applications like Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, SAP, Gorgias etc.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and ability to influence others
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.