At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
We are looking for an innovative and customer-obsessed product leader for the customer data platform solution area of Talkdesk, a market leading, cloud-native Contact Center as a Service solution.
Our product leaders work with designers, engineers, GTM teams, and the senior leadership team to invent new capabilities and grow them to market leadership. You will have a healthy mix of product and people leadership responsibilities, allowing you the growth to be a valuable leader in developing both products and people. In addition, you will deeply partner with the GTM teams, to be the “face” of the solution area for our prospects, customers, and partners.
As a Director of Product Management, Customer Data Platform you will report to the VP of Product Management for Talkdesk Digital. You will be responsible for strategizing with senior leadership, as well as engineering and GTM counterparts to deliver products that customers love. This role will also be responsible for developing people through mentoring, feedback, and providing growth opportunities. With a fast-paced and dynamic environment this role needs to be a role model that embraces the changes with uncertainty and leads to execute with business outcomes.
You will be successful if you are:
- A team leader: you are excited to manage/build a diverse, well-rounded team of high performing product managers as a role model and a mentor with great people's skills and cross-team collaboration experience.
- Being adaptable: you operate with a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can improve our products and serve our customers. You are optimistic and inspire the team for execution.
- Results oriented: you are biased for action and deliver on your commitments. You are able to make tough decisions and keep focused with ruthless prioritization.
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics to learn and make decisions. Simultaneously, you can make the right decisions with incomplete data and are continually optimizing for learning.
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their 'A' game and are continually looking for improvement opportunities. You don't settle and accept, "because that is the way we've always done it."
- A domain expert: you bring market knowledge to drive strategy, create compelling vision, and educate the product and engineering organization, GTM team, and the executive team the richness of the domain of customer data platforms, analytics, and BI.
- Own the vision for the future of Talkdesk customer data platforms in contact centers and evangelize this vision with our customers, partners and employees.
- Manage a team of product managers, inspiring, guiding, and mentoring your team the “product trade craft.”
- Define, realize, and optimize the market strategy, product roadmap, & release planning, feature delivery, and team engagement metrics
- Partner with engineering to make swift and smart decisions, move fast, and deliver value for customers
- Launch new capabilities with a highly detailed and thoughtful approach with product marketing and customer success
- Engage with customers during pre-sales and post-sales implementations to ensure the product will help them reach their desired business outcomes.
- Define and execute winning collaboration models with other solution areas, BUs, and GTM teams to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Actively participate in industry events, customer briefings, analyst briefings, and advisory boards
- Deep knowledge of customer data platforms, analytics, and BI
- 8+ years of product management experience in defining, launching, and growing Enterprise or SaaS products in an agile technology organization
- 3+ years of leading, mentoring, and developing product management teams
- High energy and passion for the job
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Professionalism, dedication and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related work experience. MBA a plus
- Ability to deliver results in a global and remote work environment comprised of internal and external stakeholders
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.