The Talkdesk Product Management team is seeking an energetic, dynamic, and collaborative leader and Director of Product Management - APIs and Data Integration. This impactful and visible role requires someone who can build great relationships for Talkdesk Integrations.
In this role you are responsible for the strategy, priorities, roadmap and delivery of Talkdesk Integrations. You will work closely with senior leaders and teams across our Product, R&D, Cloud, Sales, and Marketing teams, defining strategy and setting priorities. If you are looking to impact the growth and direction of a company at scale, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Shape the future of Talkdesk integrations by helping define the strategy and priorities for the entire platform
- Build and drive Integrations, API prioritization, and data integration strategy
- Work closely with different business units within R&D to evaluate technologies, understand business needs, and prioritize opportunities
- Work closely with Integrations R&D teams to drive product delivery
- Develop innovative and industry leading Integrations and ISV partnerships that uniquely serve Talkdesk’s customers
- Collaborate with and inspire your peers across the organization to build a strong partnership in delivering excellent products and services
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Talkdesk to align resources and prioritization
Day-to-Day Responsibilities include:
- Manage inbound requests, prioritize, design solutions, write specifications, build with engineering, and then ship on time.
- Convert customer, partner, and internal requests into requirements, find synergies and prioritize, then work with engineering to deliver.
- Provide thought leadership in system architecture such as search, sharing, and event notifications.
- Design, build, document and catalog internal, partner and customer-facing data integration APIs.
This is a senior individual contributor role to begin.
- 6-8+ years of product management experience or comparable expertise
- Strong customer and partner empathy
- Experience leading product strategy for and/or building-integrated developer products, platforms and/or ecosystems in a SaaS environment
- Experience with CCaaS and UCaaS platform architecture and related ecosystems
- Integration (Sync & Async) experience with either/all CCaaS, UCaaS, Workforce Management and related AI platforms
- Strong knowledge of API standards like OpenAPI and AsyncAPI, and technologies/formats like Swagger, JSON, XML, SOAP, and REST
- Ability test, validate, and demonstrate API capabilities with simple demo applications, scripts, using Postman or equivalent
- Proficient in use of Jira to define and prioritize requirements
- Experience in developer interfaces and their importance to cloud-based services
- Experience with large-scale enterprise software
- Deep knowledge of Data and SaaS Integrations
- Technical acumen and background with experience working directly with and collaborating with architects and engineers to develop solutions
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Excellent communicator with outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Tremendously Energetic, Dynamic, and Inspirational
- Experience with platform architecture and distributed systems
- Experience building and using telemetry to review application performance and make data-driven decisions
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and ability to influence others
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.