At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
The Director, People Technology and Analytics will lead the strategy, operations, insights, and outcomes related to Talkdesk’s HR technology stack. The role will create experiences, at scale, for our employees that are simple, available, and user-focused. Additionally, the role will help various stakeholder groups make better informed business decisions through data.
Talkdesk’s current technology stack includes Bamboo HR (soon to be replaced with Workday), Lattice (Performance), Phenom/Greenhouse (Recruiting), Bridge (LMS), and Domo (Data Viz) though our tech stack changes, and is added to, often. Workday configuration resources reside within IT; HR has full ownership of the rest of the technology stack.
Talkdesk goes live with Workday July, 2022. Until go-live, the role will be heavily focused on the Workday implementation (design, testing, change mgmt. support) and serving as the HR liaison for IT (who is leading the implementation). Full participation in the implementation will best position this role for success in the ongoing model.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about crafting an outstanding experience for our employees and managers through deep listening, understanding the technologies involved, and partnering with IT and other key stakeholders within Talkdesk. The candidate will have demonstrated experience using technology and data to improve outcomes, leading teams, and partnering with others (e.g. IT, Sr. Leadership).
This is a new role, reports to the VP of People Operations and currently leads a team of 4.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and create something impactful in an area of significant business focus, and build a successful team focused on employee service, technology engagement, data insights, and process excellence. Plus, Talkdesk is a rock ship and we are very excited about this role!
Strategy and Direction
- Combine business goals and employee needs to drive a product roadmap that fully utilizes the available technologies and serves our employees.
- Understand our employees deeply through various listening mechanisms (e.g. surveys, research, focus groups, interviews, forums/councils) to build personas that allow us to best serve our diverse employee base.
- Lead strategy to drive adoption and ease of use of data and analytics within various stakeholder groups
- Communicate direction and product priorities to the IT development team, other matrixed teams, and third-party partners.
- HR subject matter expert for how to leverage HR technology to address employee/business issues; stay abreast of trends in HR tech
- Develop measurements to track activity, engagement, accuracy, and satisfaction with Workday.
Delivery and Execution
- Manage day-to-day operations for technology stack (e.g. backlog, sprint planning, analysis, testing)
- Leadership of change management related to key initiatives, changes, and enhancements.
- Development and maintenance of job aids, documentation and ongoing communications.
- Release management activities (e.g. testing, working with key stakeholders to adopt (or not) to-be-released functionality).
- Manage day to day of reporting function (e.g. dashboards, requests, technology maintenance, key initiatives)
- Leadership in data governance (e.g. data definitions and audits of key fields, business processes).
- Identify and, at times, lead process improvements in areas most impactful to the employee/manager.
- Become a trusted partner for key internal stakeholders (e.g. People Operations, IT, People Business Partners) regarding Workday.
- Act as a proponent of modern software development practices (e.g. agile).
- Advocate for the employee and manager by empathizing with and understanding their needs.
- Hire, train and oversee direct reports in the department.
- Oversee the scheduling, assignments, and the daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
- Coach and develop direct reports, including providing constructive and timely performance evaluations.
Education and Experience
- 9+ years of relevant experience in HR Technology
- 3+ years of experience with Workday
- 3+ years of experience leading an HR Technology/Systems function in rapid-paced work environments
- 2+ years of experience leading an analytics or reporting function
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience using technology and analytics to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated experience using employee feedback to craft technology solutions.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a hyper-growth, global organization.
- Prior SaaS organizational experience.
- Agile or Lean Software Development.
- UX and/or Systems thinking.
- Ability to guide junior team members in career growth and work activities
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.