At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Industry Marketing - Government who will act as the voice of the market to elevate Talkdesk’s position in the vertical. You have a passion for marketing to the Federal and/or State & Local Government and are ready to make an impact. You will speak the language of the customer as you create authentic, compelling, and cutting-edge content that positions Talkdesk as thought leaders, drives brand awareness, generates pipeline, and enables sales teams. You will execute innovative campaigns that drive demand and evangelize Talkdesk products and solutions for the government vertical. Expect to plan, manage, and execute on industry GTM tactics.
This is a customer-facing role that requires you to know your competitors, your buyers, and your products/solutions. You support strategic insights with market evidence, and use that knowledge to develop industry-specific messaging that resonates with buyers and partners as well as empowers sales channels. Are you inspired by building something new?
- Develop the narrative and value proposition for the government industry vertical (Federal and State & Local), industry products, and industry solutions
- Create customer journey maps and compelling content (e.g. whitepaper, ebook, sales collateral, product videos, website copy, blog posts, etc) targeted to specific sub-segments and personas
- Understand industry trends, customer pain points, and Talkdesk products to effectively articulate differentiators, value propositions, and industry-specific solutions
- Develop and deliver internal and external presentations to tell our story in government and position us as thought leaders externally
- Work closely with Campaign Marketing on creative tactics that generate leads and drive pipeline
- Work collaboratively with Field Marketing and Sales on account-based marketing strategies and field programs
- Roll out and communicate global/national programs across marketing teams and geographies to enable local marketing activity
- Collaborate with partner marketing and alliance marketing on impactful marketing materials and activities
- Create sales training and sales enablement resources (e.g. sales kits, battle cards, presentations, outreach emails, etc)
- Manage and attend industry-specific conferences and events
- Maintain competitive awareness and develop strategies for competitive differentiation
- Conduct market research and analysis to continually bring the voice of the market to Talkdesk
- Collaborate across the marketing organization and the broader Talkdesk team
- +6 years of experience in product or industry marketing in the B2B enterprise cloud space
- +3 years experience in marketing to Federal and/or State & Local Government
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced manager with the ability to lead in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated experience bringing SaaS/Cloud products to market
- Demonstrated experience in executing messaging, competitive positioning, and go-to-market strategy
- Highly collaborative with experience in partnering with cross-functional teams including field marketing, demand generation/campaigns, resellers/partner marketing, marketing operations, customer marketing, research/insights, events, and sales
- Ability to balance managing the big picture along with tactical, detailed execution
- High energy, passionate builder with a strong growth mindset
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.