At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
We’re looking for a Manager of Research & Insights to join our team.
Are you a self-starter with an innate curiosity and passion for insights? Do you enjoy exploring the triggers and barriers that drive buyer behavior? Does translating data into insights and insights into stories excite you? Are you comfortable balancing quick and agile research with multi-phase projects? And most of all, does joining a hyper-growth company that is innovative, bold, and ambitious sound appealing? If so, we want to meet you!
- Design and conduct customer and market research to support our Marketing, Product, and Customer Success partners, including but not limited to foundational market research, buyer and persona-based research, product research, go-to-market pricing and packaging research, and messaging / positioning research
- Conduct primary research independently and in-house (e.g. short surveys, focus groups, 1:1 interviews), and manage third party research vendors for more complex engagements
- Create thought leadership external reports: developing a hypothesis and outline with business partners, managing the research phase, and working collaboratively with copywriters and creative to develop the reporting and visual output.
- Review secondary research sources and pull together insights to keep a finger on the pulse of the market
- Support the development, execution, and ongoing innovation of our Global Executive Customer Board program
- Be skilled at translating key business questions into research proposals and plans, and translating proposals into action (e.g. questionnaires, analysis, reporting)
- Present and share research across the organization; use insights to inform and influence senior executives and impact business decisions
- Proactively identify new research opportunities and listening engagements
- Become a strategic insights partner and trusted advisor to key stakeholders
- Represent the Talkdesk brand through external presentations and roundtables (e.g. webinars, conferences)
- 5+ years of primary research experience, including designing, conducting, and presenting research and insights
- Background in a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to translate data and insights into powerful, compelling stories
- Strong executive presence: in this role you will be the external face of Talkdesk to senior customers, prospects and thought leaders in the industry, and you will also have opportunities to present to the Marketing and Executive Leadership Teams at Talkdesk.
- Previous experience weaving together primary and secondary research into a single narrative
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience moderating virtual and/or live focus groups and in-depth interviews
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule to align with global contacts as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus
- Experience using survey tools (e.g. Survey Monkey, Decipher) is preferred
- Previous experience working within a SaaS environment and/or with product teams is strongly desired
- Industry knowledge of contact centers, customer experience, and CRM is desired
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.