At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
Are you able to read between the lines of a competitor’s marketing materials to identify their actual capabilities? Do you have a track record of success in fast-paced environments and experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders to get stuff done? Do you enjoy collaborating with Sellers to develop the best competitive positioning and identify competitive traps to avoid for deals they’re working?
In this role, you will execute highly-visible projects to discover and disseminate impactful competitive insights. You will directly influence Talkdesk’s go-to-market strategy and product roadmap. You will work closely with sales & marketing to help Talkdesk aggressively grow our pipeline and compete effectively in the field through actionable intelligence, regular training, and strategic deal support.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize information about the contact center market, focusing on both existing and emerging competitive landscapes.
- Create and maintain up-to-date collateral (including battle cards, SWOT analysis, playbooks, presentations, etc.) for internal Sales and channel teams.
- Develop and maintain a network of information sources, including internal teams, analysts, partners, and customers.
- Provide field support for sales teams engaged in competitive discussions with prospects or customers.
- Brief internal teams on a quarterly basis around new competitor technologies, competitive messaging, and positioning issues.
- Help foster and drive internal competitive information sharing.
- Influence product roadmap based on analysis and insights derived from competitive learnings.
- Collaborate with the other Competitive Intelligence team members to deliver competitive insights and expand the function’s impact and influence.
- Make a measurable impact on one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
- 3+ years experience in competitive intelligence, product marketing, product management, or sales enablement at a high-tech company
- Be scrappy. You’ll need the ability to successfully execute projects in a startup environment (with minimal guidance and limited resources)
- Strong market research and analytical skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and willingness to adjust in a fast-paced, team environment
- Able to interpret qualitative and quantitative data to identify insights and implications
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Industry knowledge of contact centers, CX, helpdesk, and/or CRM SaaS products is preferred
- Industry knowledge of AI and machine learning products including virtual agents, conversational AI, or agent assistants is preferred
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.