At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don’t have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that’s innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you’re a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The primary focus will be on licensing and purchasing contracting support, but the attorney will also provide support and advice on all other areas affecting our commercial operations, such as data privacy laws, in-bound licensing, engineering, software development, IP protection and others.
- Help build legal operations to effectively serve contract needs, prioritize tasks, and integrate with other company-wide systems
- Negotiate and execute enterprise SaaS agreements including NDAs, RFQ/RFI/RFP,
- Security Questionnaires, MSAs, Enterprise License Agreements (ELAs), and Purchase
- Orders (POs), as applicable, as well as negotiating many other sales-, vendor-, and procurement- related agreements
- Evaluate risk factors impacting business decisions and anticipate unique issues that could impact the company
- Working closely with others in the cross functional teams and with customers and channel partners to providing contracting expertise to negotiate business agreements for new and follow-on business.
- Ensuring compliance within the agreement terms to company policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of legal issues affecting software companies globally, such as data privacy, IP protection, software development and open source.
- Balancing competing priorities of constituencies as compared to business needs and using astute judgment as to when to seek executive level direction.
- Law degree from a top-tier law school required and current license to practice
- A minimum of 5 years legal practice
- In-house legal experience at a software company working supporting channels/partners
- Requires excellent drafting, analytical and negotiation skills
- International experience beneficial
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong internal / external customer service skills
- Superior communication skills, leadership skills a plus
- Self-motivated, organized, pro-active, requires little hands-on supervision
- A good sense of humor is preferred.