At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
Talkdesk runs a mission-critical voice service for customers across all industries and geographies, including the world's largest enterprises.
Scalability and resilience across our highly distributed infrastructure and applications is a top priority. We are seeking a senior engineering leader with deep experience in building cloud-scale and telco-grade reliable contact center voice capabilities.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and driving the execution of a world-class and market leading contact center voice platform for Talkdesk.
Talkdesk Voice is a foundational pillar of Talkdesk's product portfolio as it supports the scale and reliability needed for the continued growth of our customer base while keeping pace with the evolving contact center landscape.
If you are passionate about joining a voice community that loves to learn, work, build, and operate a voice platform that is transforming cloud contact centers, look no further!
- Own the ambitious vision, drive the strategy and execution plan of the world-class voice platform for the fastest growing enterprise contact center company in the industry.
- Mentor and build a diverse, global, and high-performance team by creating appropriate learning opportunities and timely feedback.
- Partner with Product Management organization to deliver shared outcomes that measurably improve the scalability and reliability of Talkdesk Voice.
- Lead through organizational scale and priority changes in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, results-oriented team environment.
- Develop, manage & communicate product roadmap to customers, and all internal key stakeholders.
- Lead from the front in defining measurable goals, objectives, and identity platform metrics and solutions.
- Partner with industry-leading experts to bring in innovative solutions as well as contribute to the voice community.
- Foster a DevOps culture and drive with the rest of the engineering leadership to Service ownership.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (such as Product Management, Finance, People, SRE, Professional Services, & Support) to collaborate on the best way to operate our services to the highest satisfaction of our customers while complying with Talkdesk values.
- Own our critical path voice products (ACD, IVR, Voice API, CPaaS integration)
- Drive RCA processes to constantly improve our employee experience.
- Be mindful of our infrastructure cost and drive efficiency and waste-reduction wherever applicable.
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor to stakeholders including customers, executives, peers, and employees.
- Lead through organizational scale and priority changes.
- Customer Advocate - scale all our customers!
- Proven track record in building and leading a high-performing global team of voice and operations experts in the contact center space.
- Demonstrated experience creating cloud-scale and telco-grade reliable contact center services
- 10+ years experience in the telecommunications field, in building and leading a high-performing global team of Engineering and DevOps experts helping us build cloud voice services and run our infrastructure at scale
- 8+ years in cross-functional management roles. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills of teams across multiple geo-locations
- The ability to build strong relationships with peers, executives both internal and external, and with peers/professional organizations outside the company
- Driving innovative ways to detect Production health issues and neutralize them through advanced technological countermeasures
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of large, complex, application and voice platforms
- Deep understanding of networking, microservices, web-application development, telco integration, and security fundamentals
- Strong and proven DevOps culture mindset
Span of Control:
- 50-100 person engineering org to start with and will grow with time.
- Hire and build a world class voice platform engineering organization
- Line management for engineering directors, senior managers, and principal architects
- Dotted line management for engineering operations and SRE
- Critical path resiliency- improve our operations and platforms to operate Talkdesk Voice at 99.999
- Talkdesk Voice technical platform leadership- define and deliver the vision and roadmap to scale our platform to support more traffic, more regions, and easier supportability
- CCaaS capability innovation- unlock Talkdesk CCaaS application units to innovate customer experience capabilities faster on top of our Talkdesk Voice platform
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.