At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. We help people solve problems in moments that matter.
Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services.
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to pioneer a new approach to onboarding customers using product led growth techniques. This role will have you treading new ground and inventing solutions to solve critical problems.
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers’ needs, enhance Talkdesk usability and resolve technical issues
- Engage with the Product team and other engineering teams in the cluster to help to ensure the solutions the team is building is fulfilling all the requirements
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customer
- BS/MS Degree in telecommunications engineering, computer science, or another related engineering area
- 5+ years experience in designing, developing, deploying and operating software in a cloud communications environment
- Experience building distributed, highly available, performant and scalable systems
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure Cloud
- Experience troubleshooting Real Time Communications related issues
- Experience with Docker or other similar container-based systems
- Experience in working with a globally distributed team and international projects
Nice to have / Pluses:
- Experience in the Agile development methodology/Scrum
- Familiarity with telephony solutions
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.