At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
Our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services.
We are looking for Senior Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) who can lead in help us designing, building, and maintaining high-performance, scalable, and reliable services, that serve as the infrastructure foundation for the rest of Talkdesk, with the objective of having the least manual intervention possible, while also ensuring high availability and reliability of those components.
We believe in a DevOps philosophy where every engineering team at Talkdesk should be responsible for the software they build and deploy and SREs play a critical role in ensuring that the teams have the tools, practices, and expertise to make that happen in a blame free culture.
- Design, build, harden, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Talkdesk’s engineering teams
- Automate every aspect of our infrastructure to remove as much as possible any human intervention
- Participate in design reviews and production reviews for new features, products, or pieces of infrastructure
- Help keep existing base infrastructure running smoothly
- Develop effective tooling, alerts, and response to both identify and address reliability risks
- Drive and promote protocols on production readiness and operational excellence
- Participate in on-call rotation alongside other engineering teams (opt-in)
- Partner with product engineering teams to debug production outages and carry out action items to improve reliability of those systems
- Plan for evolution and growth of Talkdesk’s infrastructure
- 3+ years experience working with AWS
- 3+ years experience working with Linux/Unix systems
- 3+ years experience with at least one of the following: bash, python, Java , or any JVM-based language (i.e. kotlin)
- Understanding of the importance of observability, and good intuitions about what to measure and how
- 2+ years experience with Cloud Formation, Terraform or other Infrastructure code languages/tools
- Ability to identify time consuming and error prone manual tasks and then build tooling to automate them
- Ability to identify and understand large-scale complex systems from a reliability & availability perspective
- Ability to identify root causes of instability in a large-scale distributed system, across stacks
- Hold yourself and others around you to higher stands when working with production
- Bringing a developer mindset and applying it to infrastructure
- Solution Focused
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- Experience with technologies such as Docker, Consul, Vault, Jenkins, Concourse, Prometheus, Nexus
- Experience with encryption technologies such as GoPass, ACM, KMS, Hashing
- Experience with Monitoring Tools like Datadog, New Relic, Grafana
- Experience with PaaS-like solutions such as Heroku, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos, or OpenStack
- Experience with messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Operational knowledge with various data stores such as MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Experience with configuration management software such as Ansible or Chef
- Experience with designing and operating IP networks
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.