At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
Talkdesk runs a mission-critical voice service for customers across all industries and geographies, including the world's largest enterprises.
We are seeking a Director of Contact Center Dialer Architecture with deep experience in building cloud-scale and telco-grade reliable dialer and outbound contact center voice capabilities for Talkdesk CCaaS, a market leading, cloud native, Contact-Center-as-a-Service solution.
Talkdesk CCaaS is a foundational pillar of Talkdesk's product portfolio as it is fueling the rocket-ship growth of our customer base.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the voice contact center and outbound dialer architecture definitions. You will be the key steward and voice of Talkdesk’s architecture strategy; translating Talkdesk’s business goals and objectives into highly scalable and performant architectures that enable them. You will partner with engineering and product leadership to ensure the architecture is implemented in the products, services, and platforms you are responsible for.
If you are passionate about joining a voice community that loves to learn, work, build, and operate a voice platform that is transforming cloud contact centers, look no further!
- Design technical systems for scalability, availability, security, and maintainability
- Work with teams to ensure that architecture/technical decisions are contributing to pace, momentum, and customer delight and aligned with the overall architectural vision
- Create technical documents describing cloud infrastructure, product infrastructure and data flow
- Hands-on prototyping to guide engineering teams in creating solutions
- Support team of 50+ engineers by designing and promoting a framework for making technical decisions
- Unblock technical decisions by facilitating technical discussions at the team level
- Collaborate with other Business Units at Talkdesk to deliver interoperability and to make use of services/infrastructure across the company
- Track record of architecting and delivering cloud and voice services for enterprise clients
- Deep experience in building highly scalable and performant dialer engines for power, preview, and predictive dialing modes
- Experience in building CPaaS (Communication Platform as a Service) capabilities
- Experience in integrating with SBCs (Session Border Controllers) and Gateway
- Experience in building CI/CD systems for software engineering
- Experience in Networking / Routing / Switching
- Experience in signaling protocols, SIP, TDM/ISDN and other VOIP IP technologies
- Experience in implementing applied machine learning techniques
- Experience with infrastructure as code automation systems
- Demonstrated hands-on development with Java, Microservices Architecture, REST, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of issues facing companies in the era of privacy and security
- A get it done / fast to market attitude
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.