At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
Talkdesk is searching for a qualified Data Warehouse Architect to join our newly-formed Business Systems team to help build out the infrastructure and processes that will allow our business to scale. This is a remote, work-from-home position. You will work closely with our business systems team and partners within each department at Talkdesk to implement and maintain a data warehouse solution for the company.
- Primarily responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and success of the data warehouse environment
- Lead the vendor selection process for our data warehouse solution
- Build and support data models that will be used across the organization
- Monitor the health, reliability and security of the data warehouse environment
- Enable business users to access data while ensuring a secure environment
- Work with data engineers to guide development of ETL processes that move data between the various business applications and the warehouse
- Work with key stakeholders within the organization to develop requirements and implement solutions, including getting data loaded into the warehouse and developing data models
- Define standards for ETL processes, data structures, and data organization
- Document processes and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Data Analytics or related field
- Mastery of SQL, stored procedures, tables, views, database administration
- Experience with cloud data warehouse solutions like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, etc.
- Familiarity with SOAP/REST APIs, flat files (JSON, XML, CSV, Parquet, etc.) and transforming data for ingestion into the data warehouse
- Experience monitoring data warehouse processes and troubleshooting issues
- Familiarity with CRM and ERP applications and their underlying data structures including Salesforce, NetSuite, Marketo, and Workday.
- Ability to translate between technical language and business language; will serve as an interface between the business and the data we provide
- Ability to prioritize incoming requests and communicate well with stakeholders
- Is self-motivated and able to manage one’s own work to get projects over the finish line
- Has a keen eye for details
A stand-out candidate will also:
- Have experience working on an agile development team
- Have experience implementing a cloud data warehouse solution and/or ETL process solutions
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.