At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
The Senior GL Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations including General Ledger, Prepaid Assets, Accrued Expenses, Fixed Assets, financial audits, and ad-hoc requirements as we look to grow to our next level.
- Maintain monthly close schedule and prepare adjusting journal entries
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Generate allocations and eliminations for consolidation using NetSuite OneWorld
- Drive improvements to the close process through automation
- Perform daily cash reconciliations using NetSuite
- Prepare monthly cash reporting and forecasting
- Oversee all costs and vendors related to COGS and professional services
- Manage all GL accounts, including prepaids, fixed assets, intangible assets, internal-use software, COGS, operating expenses, etc.
- Lead the accounting team through successful annual financial audits
- Partner with FP&A on budgeting, forecasting, accruals, and flux reviews
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and play a lead role in directing change initiatives and process improvements
- Ad hoc projects, as deemed necessary
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis preferred; CPA required
- 2+ years of Big 4 accounting firm audit experience
- 2+ years in a corporate accounting capacity, SaaS experience, International Accounting, advanced revenue recognition and stock compensation knowledge strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to express complex issues and recommendations to Finance leaders.
- Excellent conflict management skills at all levels in the organization as well as an effective and resilient stress manager.
- Demonstrated experience with monthly and quarterly close
- System savvy with implementation experience; NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Proactive, independent, accountable, and responsible – must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.