The GL Accountant will report directly to the Sr. Director of Accounting. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations primarily focused on General Ledger, Fixed Assets, financial audits, and partner commissions.
Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Maintain monthly close schedule and prepare adjusting journal entries
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Drive improvements to the close process through automation
- Perform daily cash reconciliations using NetSuite
- Prepare monthly cash reporting and forecasting
- Oversee all costs and agents, including their associated commissions
- Be the main point of contact from finance for all our agent relationships
- Manage several GL accounts, accounts could include prepaids, fixed assets, intangible assets, internal-use software, COGS, operating expenses, etc.
- Assist the accounting team through successful annual financial audits
- Partner with FP&A on budgeting, forecasting, and flux reviews
- Ad hoc projects, as deemed necessary
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis preferred; CPA required
- 2+ years of Big 4 accounting firm audit experience
- 2+ years in a corporate accounting capacity, SaaS experience, International Accounting, advanced revenue recognition and stock compensation knowledge strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to express complex issues and recommendations to Finance leaders.
- Excellent conflict management skills at all levels in the organization as well as an effective and resilient stress manager.
- Demonstrated experience with monthly and quarterly close
- System savvy with implementation experience; NetSuite experience strongly preferred
- Proactive, independent, accountable, and responsible – must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.