The Technical Architect is responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Talkdesk sales cycle. Technical Architects must be both sales focused and technically savvy. They must be successful in selling the technical vision of Talkdesk to Enterprise and Mid-Market executives, and convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits of the Talkdesk solution. The Technical Architect works with a number of high-value enterprises and typically lead technology strategy across a broader team of cross functional resources within an enterprise account. The Technical Architect partners with the account managers and sales engineers, owning the technical aspects of an account, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g. CTO, CIO, Architects, etc.). In addition, the Technical Architect should have the ability to take on mentoring new members on the team or other groups based their area of depth and expertise.
They will work, in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects. The Technical Architect will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and setting technical expectations to our customers, product managers, and professional services.
At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Defining and executing on the technology strategy by engaging highly technical teams (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
- Identifying motivators for Talkdesk adoption and unlocking customer challenges.
- Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
- Assisting customers architect solution on Talkdesk leveraging best practices.
- Establishing repeatable technical artifacts and collateral
- Influencing future of Talkdesk platform by engaging with Product Managers and Product Engineering
- Assist with creating compelling business cases/total cost of ownership studies for migration to Talkdesk.
- Assist in defining migration roadmaps to Talkdesk and driving buy-in internally and externally.
- Able to respond to technical RFI/RFP requirements and mapping said requirements to the Talkdesk solution
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Managers
- Must be willing to travel
- 4-8 + years of Mid-Market or Enterprise experience as a Solution Architect or Sales Engineer for a CRM, CCaaS, UCaaS , VoIP/Telecommunications company.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Broad understanding of the contact or call center market
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment
- Superior presentation skills
- Proficiency in using hosted contact center applications would be a distinct advantage
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
- In-depth knowledge of Customer Service Software, ITSM, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence , Workforce Engagement Management, Artificial Intelligence is a plus
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.