The Director, Product Strategy & Operations for Talkdesk CCaaS is a critically important role, enabling the product and engineering groups within the Talkdesk CCaaS business unit to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders and fulfill commitments to customers and Talkdesk. This is a highly strategic and facilitative role that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role. As the VP/GM trusted counsel for the VP/GM of the business unit, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with emotional intelligence, self-motivation, and strong analytical and communication skills.
This position reports directly to the VP/GM of the Talkdesk CaaS business unit. This BU is a product and engineering organization and is responsible for several product portfolios that enable inbound contact centers, outbound contact centers, and digital engagement centers, all of which is fueling the triple digital business growth of Talkdesk and rapid ascension to market leadership in CCaaS, as recognized by Gartner and Forrester market research.
- Ensure the VP is working on the most important items for the company and the product organization is operating in a healthy manner.
- Keeping the VP, product, and engineering organizations accountable for commitments
- Help complete priority product strategy activities for the VP to an appropriate level of quality independently
- Independent leadership of strategic projects: You will own creation of critically important initiatives supporting the VP to ensure integrated product and engineering organization vision, strategy and road map. While the majority of VP-initiated projects will find homes among the product area leads and their staffs, some confidential or time sensitive issues will need to reside with the VP and be led by this Director. To be successful in this role, s/he needs to be able to replace the VP in meetings and be his proxy for immediate decision making. While this responsibility envisions the Director going deep on a relatively limited number of projects, would also need to understand the breadth of the projects within the VPs purview. From time to time, Talkdesk Executives will ask the VP to come back with specific analyses these, too, would fall within the Director’s purview. Many times, this would mean being the thought leader and or thought partner to the VP and drive the creation of content for presentations.
- Leading the development of key initiatives and comms on behalf of the VP and/or research in support of these. These range from notes to employees and wider Talkdesk orgs, follow up correspondence related to the VP various meetings, customers and partners. In addition to the drafting of key communications, the Director should also be able to accurately reflect the VP’s position in internal meetings to help drive understanding of his views.
- Meeting preparation: Preparation for, advance planning for, and facilitation of critical meetings (e.g., with Talkdesk executive leadership, current or potential Talkdesk partners, customers, or clients), both internal and external. VP has global responsibilities and travels to various stakeholders in every geographic location that needs consideration. This responsibility is less about logistics and more about content and the Director’s judgment about intended preparation.
- Business Operations & Program Management: Coordination/orchestration of projects or commitments directly involving the VP and his direct reports. This responsibility primarily focuses on defining and prioritizing a backlog of work and ensuring alignment among the often-disparate stakeholders. It also requires proactive identification of issues that could impact success, elevating those issues about which the VP should be aware and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem/mitigate the risk. Additionally, s/he will be providing operational support, tracking product key performance indicators, identifying product and customer issues, and working with cross functional teams to resolve issues. The VP and the Director would agree in advance on the schedule of projects requiring the Director's involvement. Collaboration, team-orientation, tact, diplomacy, and persistence are essential qualities in executing this dimension of the role.
- Support the CCaaS BU’s communications with the VP: S/he will support the needs of the team in their ability to raise critical issues with the VP and receive needed responses, guidance and decisions. Specifically, this person will be the main liaison for the VP with finance, people, and global product engineering business operations functions and make sure the CCaaS BU has the right processes in place to successfully meet the organization goals. Post COVID there may be very limited travel involved, as the Director may accompany the VP to selected meetings.
This role provides privileged access to the inner workings of Talkdesk and to highly sensitive information. The successful candidate will be discrete, high-energy, agile-minded, strategic, proactive, a direct communicator, highly organized and committed to the vision and values of Talkdesk. A successful candidate will be a strong team player, recognize the unique culture of
Talkdesk and collaborate well with senior leaders. In addition, the following standards will generally define the successful incumbent:
- 8 -10 years relevant work experience in technology industry is required
- MBA or equivalent degree is preferred.
- Management consulting or equivalent experience is preferred
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) and strong executive presentation development and delivery skills is required
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence during frequent interactions with senior management is required
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication is required
- Innovative approach to problem solving is required
- Applicable/transferable experience: tech, business strategy or consulting;
- Mission-driven; passionate about Talkdesk.
- Good sense of self and strong personal presence
- Willingness to work hard and take direction but also creatively solve problems for which the answers aren't always obvious
- A knowledge of Enterprise Software; SaaS is preferred.
- Strong strategic thinking and financial analysis skills
- Highly developed communication skills (written/verbal). Ability to tell a story using data
- Results/action-orientation; project management skills
- Organizational and political agility; developed negotiation skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a global and remote work environment
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.