At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The Instructional Designer/e-Learning Developer is responsible for developing innovative and engaging learning solutions for all employees that support the overall company strategic direction. This individual will refine an overarching digital vision and learning architecture that is integrated with each piece of the employee talent lifecycle and contribute to the success of the business by increasing associated capability and performance.
This includes working collaboratively with subject matter experts and cross-functional teams to create blended learning content that incorporates mixed media and sound instructional methodologies. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of creative instructional design skills and technical knowledge and is passionate about building best-in-class learning in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and develop scalable blended virtual instructor-led, online training content, and digital learning curriculums, job aids, assessment tools, and facilitator guides that leverage adult learning best practices to maximize learner retention.
- Coordinate, manage and execute all aspects of training development including project scoping, storyboarding, building and revising training based on SME input
- Research, organize and create content in logical eLearning sequences for maximum learner retention
- Create custom animations and interactions as needed to elevate the learning experience
- Ensure training content adheres to audio/visual technical specifications for mobile and desktop learning, as well as brand guidelines and industry best practices
- Thoroughly test, debug and troubleshoot across multiple devices and browsers
- Build and revise eLearning modules while incorporating stakeholder feedback
- Establish and maintain relationships with cross functional partners, identify SME needs, and streamline multiple content sources for cohesive storytelling and optimal learner retention
- Be the subject matter expert on development trends and training tools and continuously explore new and innovative methodologies
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders proposing innovative learning solutions to support organization needs and advocate for the learner experience
- Demonstrate our values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced critical thinking skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Proficiency eLearning tools (Articulate 360, Captivate, Camtasia etc), Responsive Design, Audio editing program, and Learning Management Systems a plus
- Intermediate to Advanced Adobe Create Cloud, Microsoft Office, HTML5 and CSS
- Comfortable managing ambiguity in a fast-paced changing environment; ability to work proactively with various levels within the department
- Highly collaborative and open to multiple perspectives, work both independently and collaboratively to achieve outcomes
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years instructional design experience focused on instructor-led, digital (i.e. eLearning, webinars, interactive pdfs etc.) and blended learning.
- Demonstrated expertise in effective Instructional Design methodologies
- Experience developing corporate leadership curriculum and behavior-based learning a plus
- Experience with graphic design, video, micro-learning, responsive design, gamification, simulations, animation/motion graphics preferred
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.