At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers don't have a traditional way of doing things and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The Director, People Systems & Tools will support and maintain specialized and internal HR systems, services, and applications used by Talkdesk including its human resource information system, engagement and performance management systems.
- Oversees and maintains optimal function of the organization’s internal HR information services systems, which may include database management, network support, installation, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrades to applications, systems, and modules.
- Installs, implements, modifies, and upgrades software and applications to meet changing business and technology.
- Provides technical leadership, insight and guidance to HR employees.
- Collaborates with executive leadership and HR staff to identify needed improvements and enhancements to existing information services and databases; recommends and implements solutions.
- Manages permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations and settings for HR services users.
- Programs custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports.
- Compiles or assists with acquisition of complex data reports, summaries, and logs requested by senior executives and HR staff.
- Serves as lead representative and liaison between HR, Information Services, external vendors, and other stakeholders for HR database design and implementation projects.
- Ensures system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in data management and security, HR technology, and HRIS applications.
- Oversees the procurement of appropriate hardware and software to ensure that the organization has high quality, efficient systems.
- Facilitates migration to a unified HRIS if required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical support skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with human resource policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS meets organizational needs and goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite or related software.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Thorough understanding of human resource database construction.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of at least one commercial HRIS product.
- Prior Workday implementation / conversion experience strongly preferred.
Education and Experience:
- At least five years of database management or related experience required with at least three years in a supervisory position.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Professional human resource certification is preferred.
- Experience in a hyper-growth, global organization preferred.
- Prior SaaS organizational experience preferred.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.