At Talkdesk we empower our leadership team to make decisions that drive incredible customer experiences. Our customer obsession partnered with our dedication to innovation accelerates our speed to market and rapid pace of innovation. Our leaders today are actively creating the foundation for the employee experience that is shaping the future of Talkdesk inside and out. They are truly architecting every facet of their respective organizations while continuously improving the way that we scale to solve problems. Our leaders pride themselves in having a forward-thinking approach that capitalizes on continuous improvement and curiosity.
We’re looking for a marketing executive with a growth mindset, innovative thinking and collaborative style who thrives in a fast-paced environment to lead Talkdesk’s global events strategy and team.
Are you an innovative and experienced events leader with a passion for collaborating to create unparalleled experiences? Do you have a vision for how a holistic events strategy can propel brand awareness, create strong customer advocacy and drive demand? Are you known to “roll-up your sleeves” and do whatever it takes to ensure an event is phenomenal (not just successful)? Does world-class execution describe your operational style?
If you’re that person, we want you to lead our global events strategy and execution! If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey; your dream job is waiting!
- Manage the strategy and execution of corporate events, industry events, key sponsorships and select internal events
- Identify new event opportunities aligned with Talkdesk’s brand values and customer audiences
- Translate the events strategy into a corporate marketing events plan that encompasses awareness, education and evangelism across Talkdesk’s prospect and customer base
- Oversee, manage and grow Opentalk, Talkdesk’s annual customer experience (CX) thought leadership event
- Work with and present to leadership on event content, strategy, execution and performance
- Articulate the role and goal of digital and in-person events
- Execute on the plan by coordinating all aspects of the event or activity, from venue to agenda and driving participation
- Establish and proactively manage the global events budget and execute events successfully within budget
- Measure, report, and optimize ROI on event investments
Experience and Skills Required:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- 15-20 years experience managing and growing large-scale events
- Ability to develop strategy, collaborating across the organization, and execute with precision
- Experience managing a team, vendors and outside contractors
- Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success at driving pipeline from events and partner marketing engagement
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.