With over $268M in total funding and a $3+ billion valuation, Talkdesk is one of the fastest growing companies in the world. A leader in both the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service and the 2020 Forrester Wave™: Contact-Center-As-A-Service (CCaaS) Providers, Talkdesk is rapidly disrupting the $90B+ customer service software market. We have 1,800+ customers, representing all industries, who are offering superior customer experiences to their customers leveraging innovative technology from Talkdesk.
We are looking for an experienced product storyteller and competitive strategist to help lead Talkdesk’s competitive intelligence program. In this role, you will design and execute highly visible initiatives to discover and disseminate impactful competitive insights that will directly influence Talkdesk’s go-to-market strategy and product roadmap. You will work closely with sales, marketing, and executive leadership to help Talkdesk aggressively grow our pipeline and compete effectively in the field through actionable intelligence, regular training, and strategic deal support. You possess a record of success in dynamic environments and grace in collaborating with multiple stakeholders to get stuff done. You savor measuring the impact of your work.
- Manage and execute on a comprehensive competitive intelligence program, including win/loss analysis, competitor product launches, objection handling, and more.
- Research and keep current on market/competitor trends and news.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize information about the contact center market, focusing on both existing and emerging competitive landscapes.
- Influence product roadmap based on analysis and insight derived from competitive learnings.
- Develop and maintain a network of information sources, including internal teams, partners, customers, and analysts.
- Develop up-to-date tools (such as FAQs, battle cards, SWOT analysis, playbooks, internal and external presentations) with a view toward improving sales effectiveness.
- Provide field support for sales teams engaged in competitive discussions with prospects or customers.
- Brief internal teams on a quarterly basis around new competitor technologies, competitive messaging, and positioning issues.
- Help foster and drive internal competitive information sharing.
- Work with some of the best executives in the business.
- Make a measurable impact on one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
- 3+ years experience in product marketing, product management, competitive intelligence or sales enablement at a high-tech company
- Industry knowledge of contact centers, CX, helpdesk, and/or CRM SaaS products is preferred
- Be scrappy. You’ll need the ability to successfully drive projects in a startup environment (with minimal guidance, limited resources)
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency and willingness to adjust in a fast- paced, team environment
- Strong market research, quantitative and analytical skills
- MBA a plus but not required