At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
We are looking for a public sector industry marketing manager who will act as the voice of the market in order to elevate Talkdesk’s position in the vertical. You will speak the language of current and prospective customers and the citizen as you create authentic, compelling and cutting-edge content that drives thought leadership and generates pipeline, educates sales and other internal departments, and collaborates with a wide variety of internal stakeholders. You will execute innovative campaigns that drive demand and evangelize Talkdesk’s public sector solutions across state, local and federal government. Expect to manage and execute on industry solution launches.
This is a role that requires you to know your competitors, your buyers and your products. You support strategic insights with market evidence and use that knowledge to develop industry-specific messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers sales channels.
- Develop content that drives industry awareness and generates pipeline
- Write blogs, white papers, reports and surveys
- Create top quality presentations and educate direct and channel sales teams
- Manage creation of customer success stories and videos
- Build and maintain collateral, including case studies, webinars, demos and other sales enablement
- Work with the customer marketing team to continually drive customer referrals in the public sector space
- Develop and deliver internal and external presentations
- Uncover, manage and attend industry-specific events
- Maintain competitive awareness and develop strategies for competitive differentiation
- Developing programs to ensure customer retention
- Conduct market research to continually bring the voice of the market to Talkdesk
- Collaborate across the marketing organization and the broader Talkdesk team
This is a highly dynamic and fast-paced role in a demanding industry vertical. We’re looking for candidates who excel at collaboration and teamwork, and have a “can-do” attitude. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must. Ideal candidates will have familiarity with the public sector industry across state, local and federal government, and are able to bring a solid, customer-centric point of view to Talkdesk.
- +4 years of experience in product marketing in the B2B enterprise cloud space
- Ideal candidates will have experience in the public sector industry, with solid understanding of the nuances, language and industry regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of the partner/channel ecosystem for marketing and selling into government.
- Contact center experience not required but a bonus
- Demonstrated experience bringing SaaS/Cloud products to market
- Demonstrated experience in executing messaging and positioning, competitive analysis, go-to-market strategy
- Experience driving customer references and success stories
- Strong ability to influence and collaborate with senior leaders across the organization
- MBA is preferred but not required
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.