At Talkdesk, we are dedicated to revolutionizing the contact center industry. With 1,800+ customers and a recent market valuation of more than $3 billion, Talkdesk is an organization of disruptive risk-takers, obsessed with crafting world-class products that improve the customer experience.
We’re looking for an Industries Insights Manager to join the Customer & Market Insights team. Industries we focus on at Talkdesk include Financial Services, Telecom, Health & Life Sciences, Retail/Consumer Goods and E-Commerce.
Are you a self-starter with an innate curiosity and passion for insights? Do you enjoy exploring the triggers and barriers that drive customer behavior? Does translating data into insights and insights into stories excite you? And most of all, does joining a hyper-growth company that is innovative, bold, and ambitious sound appealing? If so, we want to meet you!
- Design and conduct research for our Industries partners (strategy, marketing, product), including but not limited to foundational market research, go-to-market pricing and packaging research, persona-based research, and messaging / positioning research
- Conduct primary research independently and in-house (e.g. short surveys, focus groups, 1:1 interviews), and manage third party research vendors for more complex engagements
- Review secondary research sources by industry to pull together market insights and keep a finger on the pulse of the market
- Be skilled at translating key business questions into research proposals and plans, and translating proposals into action (e.g. questionnaires, analysis, reporting)
- Present and share research across the organization; use insights to inform and influence senior executives and impact business decisions
- Proactively identify new research opportunities and listening engagements
- Become a strategic insights partner and trusted advisor to key stakeholders
- Support the development, execution, and launch of our new Industry Advisory Board program
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of primary research experience, including designing, conducting, and presenting research and insights
- Background in a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to translate data and insights into powerful, compelling stories
- Previous experience weaving together primary and secondary research into a single narrative
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a fast-paced startup environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of influencing and inspiring peers and senior leaders by generating and implementing new ideas
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience moderating focus group and in-depth interviews is a significant benefit
- Able to work a flexible schedule to align with global contacts as needed
- Experience using survey tools (e.g. Survey Monkey, Decipher) is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus
- Industry knowledge of contact centers, customer experience, CRM, and SaaS is a plus
- Experience with research / insights in any one of Financial Services, Health & Life Sciences, Retail/Consumer Goods, and/or Telecom a plus
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.