At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The Manager, HR Systems & Technology is a hands-on functional/technical role that will be responsible delivering transformational projects across the suite of HR and Payroll systems, and managing the support operations of the systems and technology that help run our HR teams.
This is a unique and exciting time at Talkdesk, and you will have the opportunity to forge a path as part of the Business Systems & Technology leadership team. The initial focus of this position is to deliver a scalable global Payroll capability that can integrate with a global HR solution such as Workday. Additionally, you will be tasked to build a world-class team of HR System Administrators or Analysts who will help in achieving Talkdesk’s HR Systems product objectives. Ongoing, this person will lead the HR Systems & Technology team to ensure Talkdesk has a consolidated product roadmap and a strategy for fulfilling business demands today and for the future. This individual must excel functionally and technically within Workday and be hungry for building, leading, and mentoring teams as well as thrive in an environment where this person is given freedom to lead while also being held accountable for results.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter. You like to understand the expected outcome, get the context, and then work entrepreneurially to get it done.
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer. People trust and follow you.
- You don’t see problems, you see opportunities and are energized by coming up with multiple solutions to solve challenges
- You think about the tradeoffs between risk tolerance and common sense
- You understand how to navigate complex business and interpersonal issues in a fast-paced environment
- You love product strategy and how to adapt frameworks to meet the needs of the technical and business needs
- Actively drives the development life cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation, and support.
- Identify and lead the implementation of HR Systems solutions across our Business Systems & Technology teams to ensure that they are organized and delivered in a way to achieve maximum business value
- Partner with business leaders globally to translate their business priorities into technical solutions, drive simplification and alignment across stakeholders
- Work in an agile environment to lead a team that builds high quality, well-tested solutions that meet/exceed the project timelines and objectives
- Collaborate with internal and external partners for the definition, planning, modeling, governance, and implementation of HR Systems technology capabilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners to integrate HR data and capabilities with other business systems
- Keep abreast of current and future trends in technology that supports our Back Office teams including HR, Payroll, Finance, and Accounting.
- Deep business acumen of business processes that supports our Back Office teams including HR, Payroll, Finance, and Accounting.
- Proven track record as a successful technology leader with extensive experience in Workday platform
- Assist in driving Recruit-to-Hire and Hire-to-Retire value streams and process management knowledge
- Possess solid understanding of IT (including application programming, database and system design) and business environments
- Interface and partner with Senior Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Workday experience is required; do not apply if you don’t have Workday experience
- 2-3 years at Manager level or above in leading HR Systems teams
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with the other Enterprise applications such as NetSuite, Zuora, Coupa, and Adaptive
- Experience in application architecture and making rational buy vs. build and interface decisions
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming product requirements into an actionable product roadmap.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile/Scrum projects
- Solid experience with integration between multiple, highly complex systems
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NetSuite’s ARM and revenue recognition best practices, techniques and technologies
- Experience in SaaS
- Experience in pre-IPO companies and understanding the controls and processes that must be in place to support compliance initiatives such as SOX