At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The Director, CRM Systems & Technology will be responsible for building a team of CRM System Analysts and Developers, driving the strategy and implementation of transformational projects, and managing the technical support operations of the systems and technology that help run our Front Office teams including Marketing, Sales, Support, and Success.
This is a unique and exciting time at Talkdesk, and you will have the opportunity to forge a path as part of the Business Systems & Technology leadership team. Initially, this will be a hands-on position assisting in the deployment and management of Salesforce CPQ. Additionally, over the next 6-12 months, you will be tasked to build a world-class team of CRM System Analyst and Developers who will help in achieving Talkdesk’s CRM Systems product objectives. Ongoing, this person will lead the CRM Systems team to ensure Talkdesk has a consolidated product roadmap and a strategy for fulfilling business demands today and for the future. This individual must excel at building, leading, and mentoring teams and thrive in an environment where this person is given freedom to lead while also being held accountable for results
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter. You like to understand the expected outcome, get the context, and then work entrepreneurially to get it done.
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer. People trust and follow you.
- You don’t see problems, you see opportunities and are energized by coming up with multiple solutions to solve challenges
- You think about the tradeoffs between risk tolerance and common sense
- You understand how to navigate complex business and interpersonal issues in a fast-paced environment
- You love product strategy and how to adapt frameworks to meet the needs of the technical and business needs
- Actively drives the development life cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, testing, implementation, and support.
- Identify and lead the implementation of new solutions across our Business Systems & Technology teams to ensure that they are organized and delivered in a way to achieve maximum business value
- Partner with business leaders globally to translate their business priorities into technical solutions, drive simplification and alignment across stakeholders
- Work in an agile environment to lead a team that builds high quality, well-tested solutions that meet/exceed the project timelines and objectives
- Collaborate with internal and external partners for the definition, planning, modeling, governance, and implementation of CRM Systems technology capabilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners to integrate CRM data and capabilities with other business systems
- Keep abreast of current and future trends in technology that supports our Front Office teams including Marketing, Sales, Support, and Success.
- Deep business acumen of business processes that support our Front Office teams including Marketing, Sales, Support, and Success.
- Proven track record as a successful technology leader with extensive experience in Salesforce platform
- Assist in driving Market-to-Lead, Lead-to-Opportunity, and Opportunity-to-Support value streams and process management knowledge
- Possess solid understanding of IT (including application programming, database and system design) and business environments
- Interface and partner with Senior Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of CRM Systems experience
- 5+ years of experience on Salesforce platform is a must (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, CPQ)
- 5+ years at Sr. Manager level or above in leading CRM Systems teams
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with the Enterprise applications such as Marketo, Outreach, Salesforce, Gainsight, CPQ, Zendesk
- Experience in application architecture and making rational buy vs. build and interface decisions
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming product requirements into an actionable product roadmap.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile/Scrum projects
- Solid experience with integration between multiple, highly complex systems
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Salesforce CPQ, Order fulfillment solutions, SDLC best practices, techniques and technologies
- Experience in SaaS
- Experience in pre-IPO companies and understanding the controls and processes that must be in place to support compliance initiatives such as SOX
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.