At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
Talkdesk is looking for an attorney to be our first legal team member outside of the United States. The EMEA Counsel will be a key member of the growing team in Europe, and must have strong leadership skills, be a thoughtful problem solver and a trusted business partner for the team. The position is responsible for providing legal advice and expertise and support in all areas of law affecting our international business. The primary focus will be on licensing and purchasing contracting support, but the EMEA Counsel will also provide support and advice on other areas such as European data privacy laws, corporate issues affecting our subsidiaries, employment law issues, real estate transactions, dispute resolution, IP protection and others. Within the commercial contracting area of focus, the EMEA Counsel will work on deals within our partner ecosystem. While we build our legal team, the EMEA Counsel will also provide support for deals and matters outside of EMEA as well.
This position is expected to be located in London,; some limited travel may be required. The Senior Corporate Counsel, EMEA position reports to the Chief Legal Officer.
- This position will require an experienced legal professional with responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Working closely with others in the cross functional teams and with customers and channel partners to providing contracting expertise to negotiate business agreements for new and follow-on business.
- Ensuring compliance within the agreement terms to company policies and guidelines.
- Preparing contract paperwork; advising management of contractual rights and obligations; mitigating contractual and channel partner program risks; compiling and analyzing data; maintaining historical information.
- Knowledge of legal issues affecting software companies operating in the UK and Europe, such as data privacy issues, employment and general corporate
- Balancing competing priorities of constituencies as compared to business needs and using astute judgment as to when to seek executive level direction.
- Law degree required and current license to practice in home country; a minimum of 7 years in-house experience
- Requires excellent drafting, analytical and negotiation skills
- international experience (UK, France, Germany, Italy) required
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and requisite personal computer skills
- Strong internal / external customer service skills
- Superior communication skills, leadership skills a plus (EMEA contracts team is expected to grow)
- Self-motivated, organized, pro-active, requires little hands-on supervision
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.