The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Talkdesk sales cycle. SE’s must be both sales focused and technically savvy. They must be successful selling to Mid-Market executives, and convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits of the software solution.
The SE will work, in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects. The SE will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
We are growing for EMEA markets and we are looking for a Sales Engineer to be located in Barcelona.
At Talkdesk, we are the disruptors of an antiquated multi-billion dollar industry. Our born and bred cloud product is changing the way our customers service their customers. With more than 50% of our headcount dedicated to research and development (R&D), we are able to innovate and optimize our product at an exponential rate. Our software has been recognized by Gartner, Frost & Sullivan, Forrester, and Forbes as being on the bleeding-edge. Our fast-paced environment allows those who are gritty, driven and opportunistic to thrive. If you want to join a hyper-growth company impacting an evolving industry, then come enjoy the ride.
- Responsible for development and delivery of on-site and virtual product demonstrations
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Responsible for scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and POCs
- Responsible for working with the sales team to answer technical questions
- Able to respond to functional and technical RFI/RFP requirements and mapping said requirements to the software solution
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Managers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment
- Superior presentation skills
- Proficiency in using hosted contact center applications would be a distinct advantage
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.