Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win in 2011 and has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled billions of customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,800+ customers from IBM, Acxiom, Discovery Education, and Peloton, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Proven experience building and managing a legal team capable of scaling with a rapidly growing enterprise technology company
- Provide counsel to all levels of management on the business environment, challenges, and corporate objectives
- Manage prosecution of patent applications with counsel and identify relevant strategies for international filings on a case-by-case basis
- Oversee the building of legal operations to effectively serve contract needs, prioritize tasks, and integrate with other company-wide systems
- Provide counsel and advise on legal liabilities associated with many areas of the business (i.e. employment law, commissions agreements, real estate leases, international expansion, system tooling, company policies, corporate finance, partnerships, etc.)
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Evaluate risk factors impacting business decisions and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (i.e. regulators, external counsels, vendors, etc.), creating relationships based on trust
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Develop the organization's policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs
- Minimum 10 years experience and JD degree from an accredited school
- MBA will be considered an advantage
- Admitted to a recognized bar
- Proven experience as a General Counsel in SaaS environment
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Broad direct experience with a variety of legal matters, including strategic business agreements, commercial contract negotiation, information security and compliance, privacy, corporate governance, intellectual property rights, international expansion and management of affiliates
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.