At Talkdesk, we are the disruptors of an antiquated multi-billion dollar industry. Our born and bred cloud product is changing the way our customers service their customers. With more than 50% of our headcount dedicated to research and development (R&D), we are able to innovate and optimize our product at an exponential rate. Our software has been recognized by Gartner, Frost & Sullivan, Forrester, and Forbes as being on the bleeding-edge. Our fast-paced environment allows those who are gritty, driven and opportunistic to thrive. Our intensive two-week training sets our reps up for success, empowering them to close business faster. If you want to join a hyper-growth company impacting an evolving industry, then come enjoy the ride.
- Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects
- Responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Talkdesk sales cycle
- Take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone
- Responsible for development and delivery of on-site and virtual product demonstrations
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Responsible for scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and POCs
- Responsible for working with the sales team to answer technical questions
- Able to respond to functional and technical RFI/RFP requirements and mapping said requirements to the software solution
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Managers
- Must be willing to travel
- 4+ years of Mid-Market or Enterprise experience as a SE for a CRM, hosted contact center, VoIP/Telecommunications company or similar technology
- Must be successful selling to Enterprise and Mid-Market executives, and convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits of the software solution
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Broad understanding of the contact or call center market
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills
- Must be willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Superior presentation skills
- Proficiency in using hosted contact center applications would be a distinct advantage
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution
- In-depth knowledge of Customer Service Software, ITSM, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence is a plus
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.