At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from the position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
To be successful as a Technical Advisor, you should provide exceptional technical expertise, display efficient multitasking abilities, and be detail-oriented. Ultimately, a top-notch Technical Advisor for the Unified Communications team should exhibit superior technical knowledge on real-time communications platforms.
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers’ needs, enhance Talkdesk usability and resolve technical issues
- Engage with the Product team and other engineering teams in the cluster to help to ensure the solutions the team is building is fulfilling all the requirements
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and value you created for customers
- BS/MS Degree in telecommunications engineering, computer science, or another related engineering area
- 5+ years experience in designing, developing, deploying and operating Voice infrastructure elements in a telecom and/or cloud communications environment
- Experience building distributed, highly available, performant and scalable systems
- Expert on IP telephony and Networking protocols (SIP, RTP, WebRTC)
- Experience with Unified Communications applications development and SIP Trunking
- Hands-on development experience is required. Experience in scripting and programming languages like Java, Ruby and/or Kotlin
- Experience troubleshooting Real Time Communications related issues
- Experience with Docker or other similar container-based systems
- Experience in working with a globally distributed team and international projects
Nice to have / Pluses:
- Experience with cloud services (AWS or similar) is preferable
- Knowledge functional languages (ex.: Erlang, Elixir, etc..)
- Experience in the Agile development methodology/Scrum
- Familiarity with open source SIP technologies (kamailio, opensips)
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.