At the Unified Communications business unit we strongly believe in Agile Coaches that deliver clear value. Working for a Product Development company as Talkdesk, that may come from a variety of different sources such as:
- Building the right product, ensuring that teams are working on the most important product capabilities at a given moment.
- Building the product right, working side-by-side with the teams in order to help them apply the best practices, guaranteeing a smooth flow and a delivery at a sustainable pace, in which we can observe low levels of waste.
- Enhancing people, contributing to put together the best conditions and work environment that allow individuals to excel.
- Enhancing systems, pushing the teams to great levels of quality while establishing solid foundations for sustained growth.
- Being a continuous improvement champion across all levels of the organization.
- Understanding that, in an organization like Talkdesk, value is created when we deliver groundbreaking features to our customers, having a clear impact on their lives.
The person playing this role needs to be very versatile. Not all of the aspects above can be worked on at the same time. What’s needed will depend on the current circumstances and context of the team (the operational level) / business unit (the coordination level) / organization (the strategic level) as well as the person’s knowledge and skills.
Despite the seniority level, our Agile Coaches don’t work from a pedestal, they work side-by-side with the people, being it an individual contributor, a middle manager, or even a VP of a business unit. They understand together what’s the next best challenge to tackle, they try to overcome it together and they learn from successes and failures as a team.
As we are dogfooding principle lovers, our Agile Coaches work close to at least a team, even when they spend most of their time working at the coordination or strategic levels.
Taking the above into account:
- If you are a visibility fan, come and join the team, as long as you understand that your job does not end when you make awesome dashboards.
- If you are an operations fan, come and join the team, as long as you understand that you might be working with a multidisciplinary product development team, to which you should bring and adapt your extensive knowledge on service metrics.
- If you are a bug-chaser, come and join the team, as long as you understand that the quality of your product does not end with 100% coverage on unit testing.
- If you are a retrospectives fan, come and join the team, as long as you understand that a bunch of action items doesn’t mean that the teams are actually improving.
- If you are a people person, come and join the team, as long as you understand that your job does not end by doing 1:1 with the people.
- If you are tools addicted, come and join the team, as long as you understand that your job is not done when you respond to requests on the Atlassian ecosystem.
These are just examples of characteristics that can add great value to our team. In the end, we are looking for people that are willing to meet the teams and the organization where they are and start working from there towards the next maturity level.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.