At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
At Talkdesk, Product Designers are responsible for the whole design process. From product discovery to delivery.
As Senior Product Designer, you will be working with a multidisciplinary team, from product managers to engineering, and data scientist, discovering UX findings with customers and end-users, defining, leading, analyzing, and sharing UX research and design studies to better understand our users and help answer the core questions of the business.
- The product you will be working on is related to Workforce Management for the contact centers industry, and aims to improve daily fives for all its workers.
- New technologies like Artificial Intelligence are used in the product to understand how they could help humans with their daily work.
- Your manager will be Filipe Placido; he will offer guidance and support along your journey.
- We have a high-sharing team that learns from each other. Our design community includes 45 designers and is growing.
- Designers have a seat at the table with Product and Engineering folks.
What you will be doing
- Help and collaborate on UX product vision and strategy definition for WFM product.
- Make UX discoveries with other designers and product teams remotely with end-users.
- Update our personas based on continuous UX research.
- Co-design with peers and deliver design work that meets user needs, business requirements and technical feasibility.
- Working with leaders of other functions (e.g. PM, Eng, Marketing, Sales) to ensure that teams are collaborating effectively to act the company strategy.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, and transitions.
- Test the prototypes with end-users and refine the designs to improve the user experience
- Document the design specifications and UX guidelines of the visual artefacts .
- Evangelize the importance of design and UX research as part of Talkdesk’s Design System.
- Be a host and active contributor of design discussions, workshops and in agile ceremonies.
- Guide our junior and mid designers in processes and sharing knowledge.
What skills you need
- 3+ years of experience in similar positions.
- Comprehensive understanding in applying user-centered design methodologies to tackle complex product problems.
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of UX research methods and passion to share this knowledge with others.
- Experience defining, conducting, and analyzing usability sessions with end-users and usability reviews with designers.
- Comfortable with end-to-end processes—from discovery to execution, lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills.
- Clear and objective communication skills adjusting to PMs, developers, designers, and other team members.
- Ability to provide constructive and effective feedback to guide and help team members achieve a positive outcome. Walk the talk.
- Passionate about solving complex design challenges that will improve people’s life.
What will put you ahead
- Experience with User Research activities in AI (Artificial Intelligence) space
- Experience or interest in SaaS or enterprise applications
- Experience developing an enterprise UX Research capability
- Ability to co-work independently and from a remote location
- Experience working in an agile iterative methodology
- Experience in sharing and learning on Pair design and Design critique sessions
Please feel free to share an online or PDF portfolio highlighting your design process and examples of past work on products and enterprise projects.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.