At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
In the Visual Services business unit, you will be looking for innovative ways to solve contact center challenges that are best solved through video or other non-text based digital experiences. As part of the solution, the team might leverage artificial intelligence or augmented reality as well as other technologies.
In this Product Designer role, you will be the go-to person responsible for defining, leading, analyzing, and sharing research studies to better understand our users and help answer the core questions of the business. You will work collaboratively and/or autonomously, and you will serve as a mentor to your Product Designers peers.
The cross-functional teams you will work with are nimble, dynamic, and collaborative.
What you will be doing
- Help on vision and strategy definition for our products
- Managing your team’s performance and ensuring they are delivering high-quality work that meets user and business needs.
- Working with leaders of other functions (e.g. PM, Eng, Marketing, Sales) to ensure that teams are collaborating effectively to execute on company strategy
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, and transitions
- Evangelize the importance of design research as part of Talkdesk’ Design Thinking
- Represent the Product Design team in facilitating and contributing to design discussions and workshops, giving feedback in planning and product channels
- Guide and be a mentor to our junior Design members in processes and sharing knowledge
What skills you need
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies to tackle complex product problems
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of research methods, and excitement to share this knowledge with others
- Experience creating, running, and analyzing usability evaluation
- Ability to design end-to-end from discovery to execution, lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Excellent communication and experience collaborating closely with PMs, developers, designers, and other team members
- Passionate about solving complex design challenges, high-level product vision
- Ability to critique designs as a user advocate and to accept criticism
What will put you ahead
- Experience with User Research in AR (Augmented Reality) space
- Experience or interest in SaaS or enterprise applications
- Experience developing an enterprise UX Research capability
- Ability to work independently and from a remote location
Please, submit your portfolio featuring examples of product, enterprise projects that you can share with us (Online or PDF).
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.