At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, Product Designers are responsible for the whole design process - from product discovery to delivery.
As Senior Product Designer, you will be working with a multidisciplinary team, from product managers to engineering, and data scientist, discovering UX findings with customers and end-users, defining, leading, analyzing, and sharing UX research and design studies to better understand our users and help answer the core questions of the business.
What you will be doing
- Help and collaborate on UX product vision and strategy definition for AI products - AI unit;
- Make UX discoveries with other designers and product teams remotely with end-users;
- Update our personas based on continuous UX research;
- Co-design with peers and deliver design work that meets user needs, business requirements and technical feasibility;
- Working with leaders of other functions (e.g. PM, Eng, Marketing, Sales) to ensure that teams are collaborating effectively to act the company strategy;
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, and transitions;
- Test the prototypes with end-users and refine the designs to improve the user experience;
- Document the design specifications and UX guidelines of the visual artefacts;
- Evangelize the importance of design and UX research as part of Talkdesk’s Design System;
- Be a host and active contributor of design discussions, workshops and in agile ceremonies;
- Guide our junior and mid designers in processes and sharing knowledge.
What skills you need
- 5+ years of experience in similar positions;
- Comprehensive understanding in applying user-centered design methodologies to tackle complex product problems;
- Deep knowledge of a broad range of UX research methods and passion to share this knowledge with others;
- Experience defining, conducting, and analyzing usability sessions with end-users and usability reviews with designers;
- Comfortable with end-to-end processes—from discovery to execution, lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills;
- Clear and objective communication skills adjusting to PMs, developers, designers, and other team members;
- Ability to provide constructive and effective feedback to guide and help team members achieve a positive outcome. Walk the talk;
- Passionate about solving complex design challenges that will improve people’s life.
What will put you ahead
- Experience with User Research activities in AI (Artificial Intelligence) space;
- Experience or interest in SaaS or enterprise applications;
- Experience developing an enterprise UX Research capability;
- Ability to co-work independently and from a remote location based in Portugal;
- Experience working in an agile iterative methodology;
- Experience in sharing and learning on Pair design and Design critique sessions.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.