At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The VP of HR, Portugal will serve as the Subject Matter Expert of Human Resources in Portugal, within a global People leadership organization.
- Serves as the subject matter expert and main point of contact within the global People leadership team for matters that are specific to the Portugal employee population;
- Develops, presents, and administers departmental budget;
- Communicates with Portuguese employees, regarding employee relations concerns; provides guidance and recommendations for resolution of issue;
- Assists managers and supervisors in Portugal, in understanding and implementing company policies related to performance, discipline, and related topics;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Portuguese and English required
- Thorough understanding of human resources and labor relations principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with employees, members of the board of directors and other stakeholders
- Working understanding of statistical concepts and methods of data collection
- Ability to compile, research, and analyze information
- Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred
- At least six years of related experience required, including three years of leadership experience
- Advanced human resource certification preferred
- Experience in a hyper-growth, global organization preferred
- Prior SaaS organizational experience preferred
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.