At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
The Senior People Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position establishes strategic partnerships both within the broader People team and in the assigned business units to deliver value-added, proactive service to leaders and the assigned employee population.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of global employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and market-relevant employment laws.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite or related software.
- Bachelor's degree in business or human resources and professional certification strongly preferred.
- Experience in a hyper-growth, global organization preferred.
- Prior SaaS organizational experience preferred.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.