At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk takers; we don't follow a traditional way of doing things, and we will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences and exceeds customer expectations. From humble beginnings - born from a hackathon in 2011 - to becoming one of the fastest-growing and most well-respected companies in the world, Talkdesk is revolutionizing the contact center industry. With more than $124 million in funding and 1,800+ customers, we are a bold, ambitious hyper-growth company on a journey unlike any other. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
- Write, test, and document product features according to Talkdesk’s user documentation best practices and guidelines, in order to translate complex information into clear and effective content.
- Responsible for creating technical documentation for assigned product areas.
- Work alongside internal product and technical teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and ensure the accuracy of the documentation.
- Act as a customer advocate, ensuring the documentation meets the needs of the user and is highly available to them.
- Create supporting images for the documentation.
- Manage updates and revisions of the documentation.
- Constant collaboration with the other Technical Writers in the team, to receive or provide input.
- 1 -2 years of experience as Technical Writer, preferably in a SaaS environment..
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Education, Communications or a related field.
- Understanding of basic technologies like cloud computing and SaaS.
- Experience using tools to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A basic knowledge of HTML is advantageous.
- Highly organized, with acute attention to detail.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, managing multiple or competing priorities.
- Customer service mentality.
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Previous experience working in an agile environment is a plus.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.