At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
At the Industries Business Unit, you will be part of a new team and work on new Verticals such as Life Science/Healthcare, E-commerce/Retail, Financial Services (Banks, Insurance, and likes), Telco, Higher Ed and Public Sector with a strong R&D component.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Leverage current TD Technology allowing Industries Team to build Solutions that access client needs in the short term so we can show internal/external POCs that demonstrate our strategy/vision:
- Enable the successful adoption of TD Technology;
- Support Product Managers during the functional requirements gathering.
- Bridging the gap between functional requirements and technical implementation:
- Analyzing TD Technology environment in order to identify how Industries can leverage the current stack ; and
- Identify technology gaps and align with the Engineering team the best approach to fit the new technical requirement into the technological stack;
- Design / Describe / Match the Industries Solutions with the TD environment;
- At times, functional requirements can link to non-functional requirements not identified by the Product Managers.
- Demonstrate to TD teams how Industrions address Client Business Requirements:
- Elaborate documents that converge complex Functional vs Technical requirements into Simple Flows of understanding;
- Setting a collaboration framework across Product and Engineering teams:
- You will be the bridge between PM & Engg and should have a framework/tool kit in order to speed up most of the interaction, as an example of the requirements analysis.
- Technical evaluation to support POC and RFP.
- Bachelor's / Master’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 2-5 years of experience in Professional Services/Consulting roles or 5 years in IT Applications Development/Software Product Development or a similar role in a SaaS business
- Experience implementing or integrating with CRMs (Salesforce, MS Dynamics, and other) and/or Contact Center Solutions preferred
- Software implementation or coding experience is a plus
- Familiar with creating and managing Web Services (SOAP/REST//WSDL).
- Experience with and knowledge RESTful APIs
- A true consulting approach and ability to communicate technical concepts to people of all backgrounds and skill levels
- Engaging personality, polished verbal and written communication skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- A passion for helping people solve problems and proven ability to understand technology concepts
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- Familiar with Git, Ruby, RabbitMQ, Redis and/or MongoDB
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
- Developed web applications that operate at a global scale
- Experience with REST API documentation strategies (Swagger, PHPDoc)