In the Unified Communications Business Unit you will find a welcoming, motivated, and collaborative team environment. We thrive to improve & innovate with every product release and customer integration, and have fun while getting better. Our unit is responsible for the UCaaS & CPaaS products at Talkdesk including carrier management and voice integrations. Our focus is on building a global voice network that has maximum uptime, global reach, and excellent voice quality. We envision business communications to be easy and uncomplicated to deploy and use. And to bring customer care & back-office teams together in a seamless and frictionless way.
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
- Design, develop and implement SIP and real-time solutions.
- Be driven by innovation, make sure Talkdesk customers and partners continue to be supported on the most evolved and reliable network.
- Provide technological support to the interconnection solution having in mind the rapidly growing customer base.
- Certify interoperability between Talkdesk's network and far end systems.
- Experience with software development (Ruby, Kotlin, Python)
- Knowledge of VoIP related protocols (SIP, RTP).
- Experience with open source SIP technologies (kamailio, opensips).
- Exposed to Docker or other similar container-based systems.
- Familiarity with web services using RESTful architectures.
- Experience with signaling analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark, sngrep).
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.