At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
Our Engineering team follows a microservice architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote Agile and collaborative practices. We are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position, and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the new Proactive Integrations team, responsible for expanding the connection and integration capabilities of the Talkdesk platform with other solutions. You will work closely with web services, APIs, cloud applications, iPaaS and a wide range of technologies. Each new integration will be a different challenge and an opportunity to learn. You will be supported by experienced colleagues who will help you take your skills to the next level.
- Work independently in a remote setting, integrated in small teams, to develop the best product on the market, keeping effective communication with coworkers and stakeholders.
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth
- Collaborate with experienced software engineers in the design, development and maintenance stages of the Talkdesk product
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers' needs, enhance Talkdesk usability and resolve technical issues
- Work well in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment)
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day; see an immediate impact of your work and the value you created for customers;
- Software engineering background with experience in OO programming and TDD;
- Eagerness and flexibility to switch between backend and frontend challenges;
- Top-notch programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure;
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development;
- Good written and spoken English.
Nice to Have / Pluses:
- Familiar with Git, Kotlin, React JS, Ruby, RabbitMQ, Redis, MongoDB and Elasticsearch;
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering-related field;
- Experience in Product development;
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.