At Talkdesk, we are disruptive risk-takers, don't have a traditional way of doing things, and will do whatever it takes to build a product that improves customer experiences. Join the adventure and grow with us. With $268 million in funding and more than 1,800 customers, we’re revolutionizing the industry of contact centers. Join a hyper-growth company that's innovative, bold, and ambitious. Be a part of the future of technology and make an impact on an evolving industry. If you're a self-starter and hungry to learn, apply now and enjoy the ride.
Here, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference, and patience.
We are currently looking for a Senior Performance Engineer to join our Artificial Intelligence Unit and work with our Engineering, Product, Support, and Customer Success teams.
- Understand the service, application, data pipeline and the entire technical stack;
- Gather performance and uptime SLA for each service;
- Work with teams to create load and performance tests;
- Identify right tools to fully automate load and performance tests;
- Work with the architecture team to create a performance testing platform that includes data gathering, data sanitization, building test profile, gathering performance test statistics;
- Integrate performance testing with CI/CD pipeline;
- Standardize on performance testing tools;
- Report the results and measure results against the SLAs;
- Communicate any issues to the team that may be identified during performance testing and work with the teams until the issue is closed;
- Identify points of failure and perform resiliency testing;
- Troubleshooting skills, provide suggestions to improve performance;
- Collaborate with the teams to identify areas for improvement;
- Bring performance driven mindset.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience;
- 4+ years of experience;
- Good understanding of Linux fundamentals;
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS;
- Experience with Java;
- Experience with Load Testing tools such as JMeter, K6 or similar;
- Experience with Big Data processing frameworks such as Spark, Databricks;
- Knowledge or experience with pipelines, Jenkins, Nexus and CI / CD processes;
- Experience with databases, such as Elasticsearch, RDBMS, NoSQL;
- Good understanding of container orchestration: EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service);
- C1 or equivalent level of English Proficiency.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.