At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk Cloud Contact Center Software, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
- Collaborate with our backend developers to enhance the user experience
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members
- Collaborate with our support engineers and customer support representatives to understand our customers' needs
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Enhance Talkdesk usability and solve technical issues
- Work independently as well as in small teams to develop the best product on the market
- Create visual/interactive content using React/Typescript and CSS3
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- 5+ years experience with design and development of large-scale web applications
- Software engineering background with experience in functional programming
- Knowledge of React/HTML/CSS3/Typescript
- Passion for producing clean, standards-compliant, secure code
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling and partial page updates
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- Familiar with Git, RabbitMQ, Redis and/or MongoDB
- Experience with Jest + React Testing Library
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering-related field
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.