Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) is the unit responsible for the Contact Center part of the business. From the Agent interfaces to the routing core, from the dialing machinery to digital channels, everything is working together to connect the user to a great experience and provide the best service.
Serving thousands of contact center Agents from around the world, supporting hundreds of thousands of customers in different industries and carrying on millions of interactions per year, CCaaS is the beating heart of Talkdesk’s modern, cloud-based, distributed contact center.
It doesn’t matter if it's a support request, a sales contact or a special campaign, CCaaS has everything covered.
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
- Collaborate with our backend developers to enhance the user experience
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members
- Collaborate with experienced software engineers in the design, development and maintenance stages of the Talkdesk product
- Work in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment)
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day
- Enhance Talkdesk usability and solve technical issues
- Create visual/interactive content in HTML, CSS and React
- Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an Engineering area
- Software engineering background with experience in OO and/or Functional programming and TDD
- Passion for producing clean, standards-compliant, secure code
- Proficiency of front-end technologies and frameworks
- Advocate for automated testing, continuous integration and dark launches
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- 5+ years experience with design and development of web applications
- Proficiency with React (experience with other FE technologies/frameworks like Vue or Angular or other will be considered as well)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience in working with a globally distributed team
- Experience in the Agile development methodology/Scrum
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.