At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
As Technical Program Manager at Talkdesk, we are continuously delivering our products, but we use Quarterly Release cycles to allow for Marketing and Customer Support to prepare our customers for new functionality. This Release Manager role for CCaaS works across our four clusters and product components to track and report on our progress on work for the upcoming quarterly release, and helping to clear impediments that cross clusters and business units.
- Develop and organize technical programs and activities in accordance with engineering strategy and goals;
- Oversee delivery of Quarterly Releases, balancing original scope of work with ongoing changes due to industry, client, and business priority adjustments;
- Throughout the quarter, when teams show signs of slipping, work with Product Managers to determine the best course of action;
- Organize key Quarterly Planning and Closure meetings (scaled retros, celebrations, and demos):
- Provide reporting, risk analysis and identify areas of improvement;
- Manage different stakeholders from different disciplines inside Talkdesk (Product, Marketing, Engineering, Customer Support, etc);
- Communicate with technical teams and their managers, acting as a trusted advisor by ensuring transparent and objective communication regarding program status, issues, changes in priority, and decisions;
- Ensure that Program goals are meeting business and internal goals, alongside customer satisfaction, safety, scalability, supportability, and quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related areas;
- 5+ of Proven experience as a program manager;
- Strong presentation skills to effectively present complex technical information;
- Hands-on experience in design, implement, and manage large and complex Technical Programs;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Experience with Cloud and/or contact center products is a plus.
- Experience of large multi-team Agile software projects is desirable.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence for teams, and JIRA Portfolio (Advanced Roadmaps) is mandatory.
- Experience with Release Management metrics, charts and graphs in mandatory.
- Experience with SAFe or another scaled agile framework is a plus.
- Certification in Management 3.0 or similar coaching-style management is preferred.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.